“What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”
“What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” this statement is probably known by everyone who has ever visited the City of Sin. And yet, many funny or interesting stories related to Las Vegas have already managed to go beyond the city limits. In this article, we present the most interesting of them:
- More than 9 million people visit Las Vegas every year.
- Seventeen of the twenty largest hotels in the United States are located in Las Vegas.
- The famous Las Vegas Strip is the brightest place on earth that can be seen from space.
- Early 20th century billionaire and visionary Howard Hughes once stayed at the Desert Inn for so long that he was finally asked to vacate his rented room. As a result, Hughes bought the entire hotel.
- When famous singer Paul Anka first played in a Las Vegas casino he was still too young to even be able to legally enter a casino.
- One of the most famous gangsters, Bugsy Siegel, named his casino “Flamingo” after the long legs of his girlfriend, who performed as a showgirl in Veags.
- In the state of Nevada, it is a requirement that each slot offers a return on player’s investment (RTP) of at least 75% on average.
- The Vegas Vic, the world famous giant neon sign depicting a cowboy that towers over Fremont Street is the largest mechanical neon sign on Earth.
- Back in 1870, camels were used as draft animals in Nevada.
- One of the tourist attractions in Las Vegas is the “heavy construction equipment playground”. Tourists can drive, among other things, bulldozers and excavators there for fun.
- More than 1,000 people live in the tunnels underneath Las Vegas. They are mainly compulsive gamblers who have lost all their wealth in the casinos.
- There are no clocks in the casinos in Las Vegas. This is to encourage players to stay longer in the casinos.
- There is one slot machine for every 2.5 inhabitants of Las Vegas.
Set up – maybe, flooded – never
It’s no secret that many of us like to have a drink or two while we play. Some casinos even serve free alcohol to their guests. There’s nothing wrong with drinking in a casino if you know your limits. But there is nothing funny about getting drunk in a casino. On top of that, it will probably mean the end of your visit to the temple of gambling. The only “plus” is that you probably won’t go to the exit alone. You will be able to count on the company of several serious gentlemen belonging to the casino’s security.
There is one more thing about getting drunk in a casino. Trust us, it’s much more fun to remember the moment you hit the jackpot and became a millionaire.
No team play here
Although visiting a casino with your friends can be a lot of fun, you have to remember some rules. There is nothing stopping you from cheering while you play, but remember that there is no team play at the poker tables. You can, of course, stand near your playing friend and cross your fingers for him or her, but that is where the role of the audience ends.
Remember that it is unacceptable, for example, to ask a friend what his cards are when you are playing poker. As in all cases described here, you can try, but be aware that such antics will end your adventure in the casino sooner than you think.
If you want to know more interesting facts about Vegas, check back here more often, as we will regularly publish new facts about this fascinating place here.